Kids Communicate is a family centered practice with a commitment in respecting family values and goals for their children. An emphasis is placed on delivering services based on best practice and include a strong focus working collaboratively with the child and family’s educational and/or allied health team.
Our individual sessions range between 30 minutes, 45 minutes and 1 hour duration depending on the needs and goals of the client.
Stacy Cohen is an experienced Speech Pathologist with over 15 years experience supporting preschool and school aged children and their families. She is a Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist and member of Speech Pathology Australia. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Linguistics and a Masters in Speech Pathology.
Stacy has completed formal training in:
- Hanen ‘It takes Two to Talk’
- Secret Agent Society facilitator
- PROMPT (level I and II)
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2)
- Cortical Vision Impairment assessment and intervention
- Social Thinking approach and Zones of Regulation
- Victorian Keyword Sign trainer
- National Presenter in the use of the Pragmatic Organisational Dynamic Display communication book system.
Stacy also works part-time at the Cerebral Palsy Education Centre where her current role has been a joint project with the Department of Education and Training in compiling guidelines and professional development for Victorian Psychologists who conduct cognitive assessments with students with Complex Communication Needs.
She is passionate about working with each individual and their families to see them reach their communication and learning goals. She always ensures that FUN is had whilst supporting her clients in reaching their full potential!